Monday, March 17, 2008

Reptile Island

 
This is Ryan's school project. We patterned it after a Kimodo or Komodo Dragon (from everything I looked at it was spelled half one way and half the other, so who would know). He's learning all about mapping. Compass Rose, Legend, Peninsulas, Islands. It's pretty cool actually. I just really hate the school projects that are more like mom projects. I swear I did most of the work, and I was even trying hard not too. We followed their advice and started at least two days before it was due so it could dry, but we must have made our map too thick, because it wasn't dry by the day it was due. We had to name cities and rivers on pieces of masking tape. Ryan got an 84% and it was all my fault. I got so frustrated that I asked Scott if he'd be willing to help. BIG mistake. I don't know exactly what happened, but Ryan didn't get enough "guidance" on the Legend, he didn't name the ocean and he didn't write a paragraph about his island, thus the 84% on an easy squeezy project he should have kicked butt on. Oh, well, at least I'll know better for next year when Julia does the salt dough mapping project.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! I have a question, i know that you scrapbook. I am working on a ABC's of Tessa and I need some help with some letters. Do you know where I could look or do you have any ideas?

Heather said...

I saw that post on your blog. I will see what I can come up with, but I wouldn't hold your breath because I'm extremely brain dead right now. Have you tried Sarah Ebbert or Stephanie Stout? They're much better at all that than I am!

Andrea said...

Thanks for trying wanting to help. I am so glad to see that your family is doing good. how is your little one?