Tuesday, March 25, 2008

backaches, layouts and webkinz

Well, this is my newest layout. Everything I used is from Kay Miller's Happy Hearts kit. Right now, for some reason, I am fascinated by who looked like who at what age. This is all five kids at one month old. See if you can tell who is who without cheating (I put their names really small somewhere in the picture).
I am totally obssessed with Webkinz. www.webkinz.com. I got my kids each one for Easter because I happened to be at the hospital and the gift shop was selling them for 50% off. It looked like so much fun, and in my estimation my kids were doing it all wrong, so I went and bought myself one. Now I have two--Geraldine the turtle and Ponchovilla the Gorilla. It's all I want to do. I actually had Webkinz dreams last night, sad, I know!
I also forget how hard it is on the back to have a fairly new baby. She's at that phase where she wants to be held upright all the time so she can see what's going on. Her swing and bouncy seat frustrate her because it lays back too much. Her walker frustrates her because her feet don't touch the floor and she always ends up too far forward. When I lay her on her back on the floor on a blanket she immediatley rolls over to her tummy, and then she gets frustrated because her face is in the blanket. Aaaahhhhh! MY BACK HURTS! I either have to try and do everything one handed while holding Hadley, or I have to listen to her cry. What's a mommy to do? And when I'm holding Hadley the big kids always want to be right where she and I are. They talk to her and oogle and google at her, and then I can't turn anywhere without bumping into someone or having to reach across Hadley and the other kid to get something. I'm always twisting and turning in odd contortions. Oh, well, I really went off on a tangent. But I actually feel MUCH better now, so, thanks for listening. If anyone out there has helpful back solutions, be sure to leave a comment. May the force be with me this week as Scott leaves tomorrow for Minneapolis Minnesota and won't be back until Friday. Then next week he leaves Tuesday for Salt Lake City and won't be back until late Friday night. Any and all prayers in my behalf will be gratefully accepted! (Especially considering that last week was Spring Break! I'm a little frazzled already!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your blog! We had our students do Flat Stanley when I was teaching. It was one of our most fun units.

tami and todd said...

I love your layout, very creative! So what are Webkinz??

Kristie said...

Good luck this week! I feel your pain with the whole back thing. Mine has never recovered from Weston who was 34 lbs at 1!!! Amber isn't that far behind him! :) I like your new layout, but am afraid that I don't know much about the whole webkinz thing.

Heather said...

Webkinz are great! You buy a stuffed animal for around $13, the small ones are $7 and each one comes with a code. You go onto webkinz.com and adopt your pet. They give you a room for your pet and some money. You can decorate your pet's room, buy it food and clothes, feed and dress it. There are also a lot of ways that you can earn more money to buy more things for your pet and take care of it. There's an academy, a doctor for when your pet gets sick. It's quite an amazing thing. I have LOVED it! And my kids are not far behind me in their zest for Webkinz! Ya'll should check it out!