Monday, March 17, 2008

Another one bites the dust

 I'm not sure I'm loving this bicycle riding thing. I'm losing all of my control over everything. It scares me to death thinking that they're going to get hurt. And it seems like it's all that Ryan and Julia want to do these days. On the other hand, it is excellent exercise and I'm glad that Ryan wants to do something other than play on the computer and watch power rangers. Today I went out and Julia was riding her two-wheeler all by herself. What is the deal?
  I remember it taking me like two weeks to learn how to ride, and my kids both learned in a matter of days.
  Here are Ry and J riding together.
  All the kids get in on the action.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big your children are getting!
I am scared to let my children ride their bikes, they ride them but I have to watch the whole time.
I sometimes have to remind myself that they are not going to learn how to do anything unless I just let them do it and I survived so they will too.
Oh and yes we are in Arizona and so far we love it (not the summers though)

Heather said...

Neither can I! I feel terrified too! The world we live in is not the one we grew up in. And the world we grew up in was by far different from the one our parents knew. My dad tells stories of spending the whole summer outside playing with friends, romping heedlessly around the neighborhood. Sadly, those days are gone!
I'm glad you're liking AZ. The summers are terribly hot here too, not only hot, but humid!