Friday, October 31, 2008

visitor

I ran Ryan's lunch over to the school this morning, and a visitor followed me home. He didn't have a collar on, and I wasn't quite sure what to do. We called animal control, and they were absolutely no help at all. We made posters and put them up all over. I had no idea how long he had been stray for, so we went to the store and bought him some food and some shampoo. I gave him a bath, because the kids felt bad that he had to stay outside, but I didn't want him in the house spreading fleas. So, we bathed him and fed him. By 3:30 even Ryan (who's always been afraid of dogs) was in love with him. When his owners called to claim him I had five broken hearts on my hands. Even Haddie loved our guest. I think I'm alone in the relief I felt when they called. I was pretty sure I didn't need one more living thing to care for!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: