Saturday, October 11, 2008

Give me some money!


Yesterday and today we had a garage sale. I told myself if I made $100 I would be happy. I raked in $320! I was ecstatic!
It's safe to say that I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with money. I love to spend it, I hate when it's gone, and it goes MUCH too quickly. As of thirty minutes ago I have spent all of that money. Pay tithing, allowances, two dollars to each kid to spend at neighbors sales, I had a little I needed to repay Scott and Julia, I had to buy food, had some pictures printed because that's one of their favorite things to look at during sacrament meeting. It was a community garage sale, and I found a chair and a rice cooker at my neighbors that were just too good to pass up! Pay for another week of Ryan and Julia's school lunches, buy some containers, baby oil and baby shampoo to send my sisters their first batch of homemade wipes, and WHAM-O! I am officially broke until Friday :( (Insert the sound of distraught weeping here)

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the money making!! I have never been good and doing garage sales! Sorry it's all gone....aint that life?!

Audrey said...

Amen, sister!! Money and I have the same relationship. It would be a much happier one if I didn't have such a cheap husband :) You have to tell me next time you have an awsome garage sale like that!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! glad it went well! Sorry it's already gone. Did you get any music lesson takers?

So... does this mean you like the homemade wipes???

Heather said...

I love the wipes! I just wish I would have done them much earlier!
I put up a huge sign during the garage sale for music lessons. I had one sign up their child right there, and then I had seven or eight other possibilities. We'll see what pans out!

Nene said...

I feel your money pain! It has a way of disappearing much too quickly!

amelia and jason said...

Wow! You had quite the successful garage sale! I am definitely a sucker for garage sales--it is such a thrill when you find that treasure!

Shanna said...

Hi Heather! It was good to here from you. Your family is adorable and grown up. It looks like everyone is doing good. Nice job on the money making...Sorry it's gone!

Aly said...

WOW! That made me feel like selling a bunch of my stuff:)