Monday, October 20, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

So, my friend Caroline and I decided that it would be a fabulous idea to haul our kids to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch on Columbus Day. So you can accurately picture the experience I'm about the relate, you need to know that Caroline has four children between the ages of 11 and 5, and I of course have five children between the ages of almost 9 and almost 1. We pack everyone up and we're all excited. The kids to go see the pumpkins and the wood cut-outs of their favorite characters, jump on the jolly jumpers, get their faces painted, etc. And Caroline and I were pumped to have something to occupy our children's time for part of the no school day. Well, we get there and it is completely packed. We weren't even there fifteen minutes before we realized that it just wasn't going to happen. We had kids running in all directions, so excited the couldn't even control themselves. There were LONG lines for the jumpers. Anyway, that's why we only have two pictures. Caroline and I looked at each other and knew we had to get out of there. Instead we ate our picnic lunches at a park and headed to the dollar theater where half of our group watched Wall-E and the other half watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. Ben took the picture of Mickey and Minnie. I have NO CLUE who took the other one (and just in case you are wondering that is me in the pink shirt, and NO I haven't gained weight back, so don't panic! Yesterday I weighed in at 144, so I don't know why I look so fat in this picture).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ugh! I'm sorry, that stinks! We always go on a Saturday with Shane, but we make sure we are there pretty much when it opens. It doesn't take long for it to get crazy!