Monday, February 19, 2007

Okay Last One (for awhile anyway)

Okay, I'm sorry! I have just had so much fun remembering the books I have read and loved. In Inkheart, Cornelia Funke talks a lot about how we leave pieces of ourselves in the books that we read. And when we open them again after a long time, we can find ourself there, the person we used to be when we first read. How that part of ourself becomes a permanent part of that story. I feel the same way. I started reading this series The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony when I was in high school because my brother was fascinated with them. They are really cool. I'm planning to go back and read them. All I remember about this one is the main female character. And I won't say anymore because I'll give the coolest part away.

I read this book The President's Daughter by Ellen Emerson White (and if your interested in reading this one be careful, there are a ton of books titled The President's Daughter make sure you get the right one!) when I was in Middle School in Dousman, Wisconsin and I have never forgotten it. There is a second book, I think called White House Autumn that I liked even better!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

You must have more time to read than me, or else you make it a better priority than I do!! Thanks for the reviews! Now I know who to ask when I am ready to read another book. My problem is that once I get started, I can't stop for anything. Nothing gets done at my house...meals, laundry, cleaning, sleep... all thrown by the wayside when I read!!

Heather said...

Yeah, me too. I am slowly learning how to exert more self-disclipline. I have started reading one chapter a day, unless I find additional free time. It's a self-disclipline feat of gianormous proportion, but you can do it!

Sarah said...

Oh I love Inkheart and Inkspell! Have you read The Thief Lord? That is also a great one by Cornelia Funke! I have another book you should ready too!