Friday, February 16, 2007

The Girl's Room

I have yet to put up the framing around the different color panels. I kind of need a nail gun. I think like it did for the boys room, that last addition will make a big difference in tying it all together.
Here's Emily's side of the room.
This is Julia's side of the room. I originally intended to paint murals onto the different colored panels, but as I started painting walls I realized that the walls were to thickly textured. I think I'm going to have to buy some canvas and paint onto that and then hang it up like a picture inside of the framing I'll put around the panels. I think it'll be cool.
There's this funny nook where the door opens, and I decided to paint it yellow, and the adjacent wall a very light purpley blue. The two walls off of those are light pink, and then the wall that hooks those together is the same shade of pink a couple of steps darker. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It looks like a very girly type room! I wish that I had one of those at my house!! :) Did you ever get the puff quilt done? I love the idea of hanging the pictures inside the little picture framing boxes that you painted on the wall.

tami and todd said...

Cute rooms... what ever happened with the puff quilt? Did you finish them cause it cause it looked so comfy!?