Monday, February 19, 2007


I have read the first two in the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. I like them a lot. Artemis Fowl is a genius 12 or 13 year old boy who finds the sacred book of the fairy world which has been forced underground for fear of humans. He devises a plan to make off with some of their fairy gold! Does he succeed?












I absolutely love Gail Carson Levine, and if you have seen the movie of Ella Enchanted you have to read the book. The book is 1000% better. The movie totally slaughters the magic of the book (I made the mistake of reading the book first :( )
I also love this one by Gail Carson Levine, Two Princesses of Bamarre. In my opinion it's even better than Ella Enchanted which is on my top ten of all time reads list! There are two sisters, who are princesses who are as different as two sisters can be, and they find out how much they need one another on their perilous journeys.






I have also like every book of Vivian Vande Velde that I have read so far but this one Wizard at Work was a short and entertaining read. A wizard's work is never done, characters from known fairy tales send for him to help them figure out their problems. It's a cute, light, fast, fun read. A good one for mom's of little kids who don't have much time to spare.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

They all sound like great books! It looks like I will have to make a trip to the library and check some of these out!! :)

tami and todd said...

I really liked the first two of Artemis Fowl too... it was a different story & I had fun figuring out the code along the bottom of the pages. But Eternity Code was real slow, I'm still working on it inbetween other books. But my little brother, Aaron, loves them all so far!