Saturday, August 30, 2008

Taking a moment to complain

Okay, I told myself I wouldn't do it. That I would just move on and let it go. But frankly, I'm a little annoyed. Okay, more than a little annoyed. The bishop called me two weeks ago, and I was pretty nervous as Scott handed the phone over because I had recently spoke in church, so it couldn't possibly be that, it must be about a calling or something. Instantly, I tried to think who was up to be released and which terrible calling would he dish out. Was the joke ever on me@!*@! He asked me to speak--AGAIN. I spoke the last week in May, and now I will be speaking tomorrow. That is three months. THREE MONTHS! I almost said something to him, but I thought, "What kind of person argues with the bishop about a talk over the phone?" And it probably wouldn't do any good anyway. He'd probably just say, "Oh! I'm sorry! Well, would you speak anyway?"
And I object! Pursuant to the ex post facto, habeas corpus of course!

1 comment:

Aly said...

Oh man! That does suck! Maybe if he doesn't remember you speaking, you can just use the same talk:) LOL!