Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mourning

To a large extent, tonight, I am mourning the loss of my youth. I used to love roller coasters. Scott and I were all excited because we had found a great deal on two tickets to Six Flags ($25 for both!). I had found friends for each of the kids to spend the day at, and today, we headed out to Six Flags. We got into the park, split a funnel cake and then got on the Batman ride. I thought I was going to die! I was so motion sick by the time the ride was over, I had to exert a tremendous amount of energy not to throw up right on the platform. I thought it would pass, so we walked a bit and Scott got on another ride. By the time he was done, I was feeling so sick that we left. I am embarrassed and truly saddened that my body just is no longer able to handle such excitement. No more amusement parks for me, my day has passed! I also feel sorry for my Scottie, his fun was cut WAY short all because he has a wimpy wife!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww, I'm sorry Heather. I was wondering if you even went with the rain we got on and off!

This is exactly why I told Shane we have to go every 2-3 years so that I don't lose it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bummer!!! I can't do amusement parks either, I use to love to go but they just make me so sick, the thought of them makes me sick.
I guess next time Scott could take one of your older kids, I bet they would love it.

Aly said...

Oh how I feel your pain! I always swore when I was a kid that I would NEVER be the parent that didn't ride everything with the kids! Now I get sick too, and I just endured Lagoon last weekend...yuck!

Rob O said...

Welcome to the club!