Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School

Here they are, ready for the big first day of school. Our principal will be moving higher up into administration, which makes me very sad because he has been an outstanding principal and I worry about who will replace him. I guess that doesn't really have anything to do with these pictures, so moving on. We had a great first day. I was worried that kids would have trouble waking up, but they were all SO excited they woke up super early.
Ryan was so excited to be starting 3rd grade. As he informed me when he got home today, "Mom, I'm going to have a lot of homework, you don't even know how much." I was tempted to say, "Ryan, I earned a bachelor's degree." But I restrained. It will be rough this year with increased homework and TAKS testing, YIKES!
The pose says it all, LOL! Actually, Julia was feeling quite nervous when she left. The only thing she told me about her day was that the teacher didn't pay any attention to her, didn't even call on her ONCE! I'd go with exaggeration here, but Julia would NEVER do such a thing.
Emily came down the stairs bawling this morning, "Mom, I didn't ever go to sleep." I highly doubt that, but I wouldn't be surprised if she slept poorly. Kindergarten is a big step, every day away from home when you have never done it before is vastly daunting! She was all smiles when I came to pick her up. I think school will fit Emma like a glove.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kristi said...

Ha - Cameron said the same thing about never falling asleep!! He came downstairs at 3am read to go to school!! Very exciting and cute indeed! And I had no idea that Mr. Hood is moving....when?

Kristie said...

Such cute kids on the first day of school!!!!

Rob O said...

They are growing up too fast!

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

We're glad that they had a good day and we hope it lasts for the whole year! Thanks for the pictures it's nice to get updates on how you're doing:)

Melissa said...

I can't believe how old your kids are, they are so cute. Natalie starts preschool next week!