Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Halloween 2005

Here is a story that will scare the pants out of all you moms (and dads) who love to take pictures of your kids and scrapbook or blog them. We were very poor for the first six years of our marriage. To set the record straight, we have only been married for eight this December. There was never a lot of money for developing pictures. I always had one or two (or twelve) rolls of film that needed to be developed. When we started making a little more money, I decided one crisp fall day that I was going to get rid of the problem once and for all. I gathered the twelve rolls of undeveloped film I had sitting in a kitchen drawer and placed them in a galloon size ziploc bag. We had to go to Target anyway, so I decided I would take them with me and see how much it would cost to develop them. I am a cheapskate. When I saw the prices at Target, I decided I would take them to Costco instead. Somewhere during the course of the day, I lost the bag of undeveloped film. You can imagine my horror and heartbreak. Twelve rolls of pictures lost. Among those were the Halloween pictures from 2005.
Julia and Emily were princesses. Julia's dress was sewn in the Phillipines by the sister of one of the ladies in our ward, she looked beautiful. Emily's dress I sewed myself, and it is one of my few sewing triumphs. She looked like a mideval princess. Ryan went as Spiderman, if I remember correctly. He bobbled back and forth between several costume options. Benjamin was not quite ready to come out yet, so he missed Halloween.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your film! That is too bad. I would be so sad if I had lost all of my film like that. Did you loose it there in TX or was it in UT?

Heather said...

It was about six months before we moved to Texas.