Thursday, October 08, 2009

A study in gratitude


Okay. I have now read my scriptures (or read a conference talk) every day for three consecutive months. It has certainly made an enormous difference in my life. I'm ready to add something to my scripture study. I have been thinking a lot about gratitude, and acknowledging the hand of the Lord in my life every day. I have felt the spirit whisper to me many times over the last several weeks that gratitude needs to be my new focus.
My goal is to do a blog entry everyday for as long as I can about something new I am grateful for. So, here goes nothing.
Today I am grateful for the everyday drudgery of life. If we didn't struggle, we would not be able to fully understand and appreciate those brilliant days that appear every so often in our lives. I'm grateful to do the dishes over and over, because I learn how to endure and press forward even when I'd rather do anything else than dishes AGAIN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! It's funny how similar Julia and Ryan look and how similar Emily and Ben look, especially in this picture.

Rob O said...

I remember that picture! What a great day! I need another Texas trip!

Angie said...

I definitely need to work on my gratitude, especially for the things that think are so bad, but are really goo. Cute picture! I still haven't gotten a CD with those pictures, by the way.

Jenny said...

I used to keep a gratitude journal. It really can change your life...it makes you recognize how many truly amazing things you have in your life. I haven't done it for a long time, but I still reflect back on what a happy time that was (even during trials) because gratitude changes how you think about everything.

Great posts, Heather. And beautiful photo!

Audrey said...

Heather you are so great and inspiring. Love ya! And by the way, that is the cutest picture of you and your kids. I LOVE it!

todd & nicole said...

LOVE the family picture! You're all so cute.