Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 9

This is probably the last gratitude post that I will put up on my blog. I plan to write it in Word Perfect from now on, but I really appreciate the comments. It's great to have friends that love me.
Today I am grateful for our ability to choose what our attitude will be.
I'm still trying to convince my kids that if you think you're going to have a bad day, you will. And if you think you're going to have a good day, you will. They still aren't buying it. Even though I fully accept the logic behind that, and know it to be true, I have good and bad days at deciding to be positive, cheerful and upbeat.
It's so uplifting to be around someone who sees the world and everything in it as basically good. And it's so hard to be around someone who is pessimistic all the time. I tend to lean toward the latter, and so I have been striving this week to correct that. It's amazing how powerful our minds and our thoughts are. It may sound a bit like brainwashing myself, but I've been getting up and telling myself, "Today is going to be a great day. I'm happy to be alive. I am truly blessed. My kids are the most amazing people I know and I'm lucky to be their mother." It sounds a little bit silly, but my days are better days, and I am happier, calmer and more at peace.
So, today I am grateful for a positive attitude.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and a positive attitude is a great thing to have!

Angie said...

I'm with your kids still - I don't buy it. That is definitely something that I need to work on very much at this frusterating, tiring stage of life. Thanks for your inspiration to work on my attitude, too!