Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 6

Today I am slightly begrudgingly thankful for my weaknesses. It all goes back to that necessary condition of opposition. We have to have weaknesses so that we can appreciate and know how to better use our strengths.
One of my most glaringly obvious weaknesses is my lack of cuteness. It always somehow seems like a waste of my time to take the time to look cute. To do my hair, put on my makeup, take extra care with the clothes I choose to wear. I just don't do it. I think I don't care until I get out in public and then I always feel embarrassed.
Now I'm not saying that it should be more important than anything else to look cute. But I think like all things in life we need to find a balance. There's something to be said for taking a little bit of time to put your best foot forward and go out into the world with that little extra confidence, that little bit of zip into your step.
What am I going to do? I feel like I've made some incremental improvements. It has certainly been a life-long struggle. And if nothing else it has definitely kept me humble to have spent a lifetime struggling without much improvement.
Oh, well, "tomorrow is another day." (Please imagine your best Scarlett O'Hara impression as you read the preceeding line.)

2 comments:

Rob O said...

I've been at it nearly 23 years longer than you and I still have made little progress. Real change of core issues is slow and difficult.

Jenni said...

You're silly. Whenever I've seen you, you look cute. I've always been impressed and a little jealous how it seemed so effortless for you, not having to take a ton of time to primp. Besides your personality is off the cute chart meter. :)