Thursday, December 13, 2007

A cub scout!

A cub scout is loyal, thrifty, brave, true. . .or however that goes. Where has the time gone? We have a cub scout in our midst! Ryan turned 8, and is super-duper pumped about scouts. He loves going, he feels old and important, but most of all I think he likes being goofy with all the other 8, 9 and 10 year old boys! And they are goofy! Heaven help me so that I am NEVER the den mother!
Ben, of course, had to be in the picture too! He loves having his picture taken and looking at it on the little viewing screen immediately afterward.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Oooo...You shouldn't have put in writing that you didn't want to be a den mother. Now you will get that calling for SURE!!!! Ryan looks so cute in his cub scout stuff. Weston can't wait to start scouts too!!! It is such a fun age!

Shirlene said...

Had the same thoughts about the Den Mother thing all through Chase's tenure in Cub Scouting. I did not miss the "opportunity" when Dustin hit Bear age. I have to say -- it was actually way fun! Did it with those boys until they went to 11-year old scouts. And besides, Greg thought I looked hot in my yellow Den Mother scout shirt!

The Wibergs said...

I'm with you, I hope to remain outside the scouting program looking in! I feel for our den mothers!

Your kids are sure getting big! Is Emma's hair really getting as dark as Julia's or is it just the ligting? I love their bangs.