Friday, April 04, 2008

Perspective

I have been struggling this week having Scott gone, and with other small and petty things. This has really put things in perspective for me. I have friends here, and this sweet baby is his step-sister's daughter. She has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Which means the left side of her heart doesn't function correctly. They have done the first of three surgeries to try and correct the problem, and she is now on life support. Today is the day they are taking her off of life support. She will either have to start functioning by herself, or she will pass away. I have cried all day thinking about this sweet little baby and her faithful family. They are amazing. Pray today for baby Gracie and her family as they go through the hardest day of their life. If you want to read their story from the beginning you can go to: thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

My heart hurts for that poor family. I had to stop reading the blog because it is making me cry so much. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather said...

Me too! I've been bawling like a baby all week!

kristi said...

I have really gotten used to this blogging and posting thing!! Thanks again Heather for watching out for her. Kenny will walk in and I will be swollen and red-faced. He'll say "what's wrong?" And then there go the tears again. It really helps to "mourn with those that mourn"...so thank you!

Anonymous said...

I cannot get Gracie or her family out of my head. I look at your blog often, love it, clicked on Gracie's family blog and have been following it everyday.
She is a fighter, boy is she a fighter.

tami and todd said...

That scared me so bad... as sad as I am for that family, my first thought was of your little girl. This sweet little girl and her great family will be in my prayers tonight!