Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alert! Crabby baby ahead

Poor baby wasn't feeling well for most of Saturday. She and I did not sleep for longer than 15 minutes through the night. She was running a 102 degree fever and tylenol was not bringing it down. Finally, when she was screaming from 4-5 am, Scott and I decided she better go to the ER.
She and I got there just after 6. And of course, by the time we got there her fever had gone down and she was sleeping peacefully. They looked at me like, "You are smacked out of your mind! There is nothing wrong with your baby." We waited and waited, after the doctor came in and checked her out he diagnosed her with, "a nasty double ear infection."
We were at Wal-Mart around 8 am waiting for her prescription when a lady came down our aisle. She had some white stuff on her nose, and I debated for awhile, but finally decided to point it out to her so she wouldn't walk around like that all day. After thanking me and wiping it off she looked at Haddie and said, "Aren't you the sleepy baby."
I said, "She has a nasty double ear infection."
She grabbed Haddie's foot and in a voice you would use to talk baby talk she said, "May God grant you healing in the sweet name of Jesus."
WOW! I was taken completely aback. A Wal-Mart aisle is a very weird place to issue a blessing of healing. On the other hand I was stunned by her childlike faith in the healing power of the Savior. Only down here in the bible belt with all the born again Christians I guess. Who knows, maybe it was her blessing and not the antibiotics that are helping her feel better. Lol!
A couple of days of antibiotics, tylenol, probiotic and drops for ear pain later she is feeling MUCH better. In fact, right now she is in the study with the big kids jabbering away.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tyler and Sheena said...

Poor Haddie hasn't had it very easy. Hope she is feeling better now. And you've caught up on your sleep.

Kristie said...

I am glad to hear that she is feeling better!! I WISH that I could say the same for my little one!! It is always rotten when they have those nasty ear infections and don't sleep!!!!!!!