Saturday, April 12, 2008

Popularity


Friday was a silly night. We had made arrangements for a babysitter for Friday night on Tuesday night. When Scott got to her house on Friday night nobody was home. I had been looking forward to going out with Scott all day, so I frantically started calling people. Problem was, it's youth conference weekend in our stake. Everybody 14 and older was busy. Julia's teacher has a fourteen year old daughter who has babysat for us a couple of times before. They don't go to our church, so I called to see if she was available. Julia's teacher answered and proceeded to tell me that Julia had had a difficult day that day. The reason? Everyone was fighting over her! She's SO loved in her class that everyone wants her to be in their group. They fight over sitting by her. She told her teacher that she just wanted everyone to leave her alone. Mrs. Molhoek (ma-luke) said, "It's hard work being popular." Too funny!
She also told me that Julia pretty much taught the class on Friday. She read a story to the other kids and even stopped on occasion to ask thought provoking questions. Mrs. Molhoek told me to make sure to tell my mom (she's met her and knows that my mom is a second grade teacher) that Julia is going to be a GREAT teacher one of these days!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

That is too cute! Isn't it always fun to hear good things about your kids though? I hope that you were able to get out with Scott!!

Aly said...

She is such an amazing little girl...I can see why she is so loved!!

tami and todd said...

It's good to know she's got all that confidence!!

Tyler and Sheena said...

Woo-hoo go Julia. Did you get to go out and have a good night.

Sarah said...

that cracks me up!! And sounds like Julie. :)