Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday baby!

It's funny, as I write this Haddie is upstairs crying in her bed. She is tired from the days excitement and just can't settle down and go to sleep. Nonetheless, I am so grateful that she came into our family one year ago. She has been a blessing in my life. I really feel like with my other children I was so worried about messing up, so anxious to get each day over with so I could move on to the next. Haddie has really taught me how to enjoy the moment. I have relished her babyhood, and have to admit that I am deeply sorrowful to part with being the mother of babies. I was thinking tonight as I picked Haddie up like a pro that I have had a baby or toddler in the house for nine years. It's a little sad to me to step over the threshold as this precious time in my life comes to an end.
Anyway, enough blabbering. She looked SO cute sitting on her daddy that I couldn't resist a picture taking session. Haddie is walking now, and talking and being more expressive. She continues to be a climber. She loves to scale up things. Her new favorite is to climb up onto the dishwasher. She hasn't as yet figured out a way to get from the dishwasher to the counter, but she's close and it scares me.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post about a beautiful child

Nene said...

Happy birthday cute girl! Hang in there Heather, I know how you feel about the baby phase being over.

Nicole Anderson said...

So so so cute!!!! Heather... you need to put in a good word for me with Natalie and Jenny... I want to be invited to their blog!!! ;)

Rob O said...

I need to see that little granddaughter!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Hadley! I think you and Seth would have a great time getting into trouble together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hadley!!!!!
She is so cute and I totally know what you mean about the baby years being over, my baby is three (and I will never forget how nice you were to me when I was pregnant with her and after I had her).
I love the cakes you made, homemade cakes are the best and those are the ones that are remembered forever.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Hadley!!! I can't believe she is one already! Wow! That was a beautiful post Heather.

tami and todd said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year... crazy! She's looking so cute though!