Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hadley's Cake and the cake for everyone else

Here is Hadley's cake. It turned out better than I think I've ever done with cake decorating. I found this SUPER awesome decorator's frosting recipe. It's the bomb. Anyway, I used the basketweave on the top and it looked cute, kind of spastic though, because where they met I would always get messed up and two lines would end up the same instead of opposite. Oh, well. I had a beautiful picture in my mind, and it turned out nothing like the picture. I was thinking soft baby pastels, and I got bright, almost neon colors.
I ran out of pink frosting and wasn't about to make any more, so I only did the basketweave on the top half and then I covered the bottom half with flowers.
Here are our beautiful Emma and Jules modeling the two cakes for us, please excuse their bangs, we are trying to grow them out.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Yeah!! Happy Birthday!!! I love the cakes. You did an awesome job on them!!!

kristi said...

Wow - good job Heather! I think a natural talent is showing through!