Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today

My talk went very well. I felt the spirit strongly while I was speaking. I didn't say everything I had wanted to say, and I didn't tie it all together as well as I would have liked, but I think the spirit filled in the blanks and spoke to people's hearts. I had several people come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed my talk.
I also had a major oops. While we were sitting in Sacrament Mtg, before I gave my talk, Ryan says to me, "Mom, are you teaching my class today?"
Yes, I was. I totally forgot that I had told Ryan's teacher I would sub for her. That was two weeks ago, and I didn't write it down, so of course I forgot. I think it turned out alright though. It just happened that the lesson was Alma 20, which is where we just happen to be reading in family scripture study. I had a hard time getting there attention at first, so I stood up and tried to be really animated. It wasn't long before they were totally engrossed in the awesome story of the conversion of King Lamoni's father. I think after those two very spiritually fulfilling experiences, I had some let down this evening.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I am glad to hear that your talk went well! I knew it would. :)

kristi said...

Yeah I know what you mean, after you come off of a spiritual high it is kind of disappointing because you don't want that feeling to go away! But I think you have been "recharged"..I can tell!

The Chaffin's said...

Sorry I didn't remind you about teaching...I'm sure the kids loved having you there and I appreciate you doing it. I'm sorry I missed your talk but I'm sure it was absolutely awesome!!!!