Saturday, May 24, 2008

New blogging goal

I've decided that I would like to try and use my blog sort of like a journal. I'm always hesitant to post without pictures, but I think I would like to try to post once a day and just do a brief overview of the events of the day. So, here goes:
Today I cut off a chunk of my left pointer finger while in service to my fellow men. Wow, does it sting! My first thought was, "Man, with all my kids, this will NEVER heal!"
Scott and I went to the temple this morning. It was the most befuddled session I have EVER been too. One lady had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the session. One man made a mistake and they stopped the whole thing to point it out to him. The brother officiating made several mistakes. It was also obvious that the lady sitting next to me had neglected to eat breakfast. Her stomach was growling something fierce! Craziness! It just goes to illustrate the point that the church is true, the people trying to live it are human and make mistakes.
I'm in big trouble! I didn't give anyone a bath tonight and I have to give a talk tomorrow in sacrament meeting on Fasting. Which wouldn't be all that bad, except the Bishop asked me to direct my remarks to the Primary children. Do any of you personally know any Primary children who actually listen to the speakers during Sacrament? I don't. May the force be with me!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it gets better soon. Good luck with your talk tomorrow!!! I know that you will do an awesome job!

The Wibergs said...

Ouch! I cut the tip of my finger off once with a pair of scissors. It was so embarassing and it hurt SO bad! I hope yours stops hurting soon! Yikes--and the index finger to boot--at least mine was a less used digit.

What a busy day. Good luck with your talk tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great. I notice that kids seem to perk up a little more when they realize it's someone they know that's talking. Kids get more than we realize, so it'll be worth it. Good luck!

kristi said...

You did great on your talk. I was wondering if the bishop had asked you to address the primary kids! My kids were totally engaged!! We even talked about one of your stories tonight after scripture reading! So thanks for your efforts!

kristi