Saturday, May 24, 2008

Painting (obviously not one of my talents!)

This is a brilliant blue symbol of my painting skills. At it's longest it measures almost 2 feet across! The lesson learned: never paint when your kids are awake. I do fine when they're all asleep, problem is, I'm just too darn tired at the end of every day to want to stay awake for three more hours and paint. But, it looks like that is what I'll have to do from now on. It was me who spilled it though, I had temporarily moved the ladder over the paint bucket, it even had a lid on. I went to move the ladder, forgot the paint bucket was under it, and the rest is...like I said before, a brilliant blue symbol of my incompetence. Every other room I've painted so far I've done so without putting plastic down, and I've done just fine, I guess my luck finally ran out.
The second picture is my favorite part of the room so far, I painted where the room dents in a tan. It looks cool. I'll have to post when my project is complete. Don't get your hopes up for that to be soon. I'm running out of energy!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristie said...

So sorry about the spill!! :( But I do LOVE the color!! I love blue. I would have to say that it is one of my favorite colors (well, that and pink, but I can't really paint my house pink since there are mostly boys at my house!)

The Wibergs said...

OH STINK! What can you do? Is there some magic trick out there for getting paint out of carpet? I would be so mad at myself! At least it was your fault & not one of the kids. You can be furious at yourself without to much guilt at your anger.

I really like the blue & white you chose. It looks really nice.

kristi said...

I say it's a good excuse to have to get new carpet too!!!

Oh well...at least your walls look good!! ha ha

Jenni said...

I love your color choice. It looks like the same color we painted our master bedroom. I was watching something once(I don;t remember what) it said if you have any carpet remnants you can cut the damaged piece out and replace it. Try DIY.com, or HGTV.com for directions.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.