Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Husband Tag

What is his name? Scott Howard Matthews
How long have you been married? This year in December it will be 10 years!
How long did you date? six weeks, engaged for six more weeks. (fast I know, lucky for us it has worked out well!)
How old is he? 31 next month
Who eats more sweets? Me, he is SO good at self-control. I'm trying to learn from his great example.
Who said I love you first? Me of course. I'm such an emotional person and I let it all hang out. He can read my face in a split second!
Who is taller? Him.
Who can sing better? Me, but he has a raw talent for music that I wish his parents would have realized and helped him develop.
Who is smarter? I would definitely say him, but he would definitely say me.
Who does the laundry? I mostly do, but I hate folding it so he helps out when he can.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? When looking at the bed, that would be him.
Who mows the lawn? We take turns. How the lawn looks is definitely more important to me. And he does it because he loves me and mowing the lawn gets my allergies all riled up. He takes pity on me!
Who cooks dinner? Me, Scott can make three things, macaroni and cheese, sandwiches and ramen.
Who drives? He does. If any of you have ever seen the cartoon of road rage Goofy, that's me. I only drive between the hours of ten and two when there are no cars on the road!
Who is more stubborn? I think we are equally stubborn, just about different things.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me, and it was the sweetest, softest, most gentle kiss EVER! I wasn't even sure for a couple of seconds if our lips had touched or not. I was in love with him from that instant! It was like a window into his soul. He's so tender and gentle and kind.
Who asked who out first? This could turn into a long story--he claims that he called me to thank me for something and the spirit told him to ask me out. Which was very interesting because two weeks previous I had been into see the bishop to talk to him about me serving a mission. He had told me to fast and pray for my eternal companion. I was SO mad! It took me two weeks and reading Jacob 4:10 to calm down and do what the bishop had counseled. It was four days later that Scott called and asked me out.
Who proposed? Scott, this is my one grudge. He did the typical mormon thing and took me to the temple and proposed to me on one of the benches. That was all good I guess, but I was really hoping for something more creative and more symbolic of our dating experience or something. I guess you can't have it all, right?
Who has more siblings? Scott, he has 7 brothers. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
Who wears the pants? We each wear one leg.
Now I'm supposed to tag some people. I would love to read about anyone who wants to write, but I'll especially tag my friend Kristie, my other friend Kristi, and my two sisters.

6 comments:

THE BELLS said...

Yay I love that you did this...it is always interesting to see. Hope you are doing well and have some help to get a break once in a while. Wish I was there to visit you!!!

Mary Killion said...

Hey Sister Matthews! I love your blog. Hope you don't mind if I steal this "Husband Tag"--it was a lot of fun to read about you and your husband! :)

Kristie said...

How fun!!! I loved reading about everything!! Thanks for the tag! :) I have to get with it soon!!!!

Tiffany said...

Awww! How cute! Well, I haven't been visiting your blog lately because when I changed mine a long time ago, I lost the links and I thought I knew what yours was, but I got a whole different Matthews family, so I had to wait until you posted a comment on mine so I could find yours! Whew! Well, your kids are getting so big!! That little Haddie is a cutie!!

kristi said...

oh wow, I've never been tagged before! I'll have to get on it!

kristi

The Wibergs said...

oh, what a sweet post.