Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's happened!

I turned 30 years old today! Where has the time gone? I can remember being Julia's age, looking at my mom thinking that she was so old, that she knew so much and was such a cool person. It felt like forever would have to go by for me to be where she was. Now I'm exactly where she was! 30 years old with five children, a stay-at-home mom struggling to do the best I can for my children. I don't see how there's any way I know as much as she did or was as cool as she was. She probably felt the same way I do now--falling much too short of the desired mark.
I've lived for three decades, I don't have many worldly accomplishments or possessions to show for those three decades. The one thing I know for sure is that I have a wonderful husband who is my soulmate and who's better than any dreams I ever had. And I have five beautiful, healthy, smart kids who want to do what is right. And all of that has to count for something!
Happy 30th Birthday to me! Here's hoping that there are 30 more!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope that it has been a wonderful day for you!!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you do something really fun to celebrate.

tami and todd said...

Happy Birthday! And you do have a whole lot to be proud of!!

Nene said...

Happy birthday!!! And you are a cool mom, no worries!

The Wibergs said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Debi said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have a beautiful family. I just happened to stop by to see your new baby :)(Kristie's mom)

Shirlene said...

So glad you married my very sweet nephew and became a part of our family! You two are so great together. And I must say, you make darling children! Happy Day, Heather! Live it up -- the best is yet to come!

Tyler and Sheena said...

Happy Birthday Heather. Those are the best accomplishments (sp?) you can have. Hope your day was great!