Friday, August 10, 2007

Flashback Friday

I thought I hit on the master plan this year. Instead of buy the kid whose birthday it was a $50 present, I decided I was going to buy every child a $10-$15 on everybody's birthday. I was sure that would erradicate all the crying and fussing that seem to accompany a birthday.
It didn't turn out to be the great idea I thought it was. It made birthdays not very special. A birthday is a day to honor the person born on that day. And getting everyone a present just increases the sense of entitlement and greediness of the kids. Oh, well, we live and learn!
Okay, I forgot to give credit on this one too! The template, which I LOVE, is by Tracy Drane http://dranet.blogspot.com/. Everything else is from a kit by Kay Miller http://kaymillerdesigns.com/shoppe/ called Over the Rainbow.

1 comment:

tami and todd said...

That is definitely a good idea to try out, though. I've always appreciated that someone seems to remember the other kid & gives the non-birthday kid a little something... it works great for now & I just overlook that little thing.
It is a bummer we won't get to hook up while I'm in Texas. I knew it'd be a long shot, I'm making all my family rendivous at one spot since it'd take up most my trip to travel around that big ol' state!