Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The making of a puff quilt

I have always wanted to make a puff quilt because they are my favorites. They are warm and feel heavy while you sleep, and they look delightfully like tons of little clouds (or pillows). My mom has always discouraged me saying that they are very labor intensive, and boy was she right. You have to cut the top square of fabric 1 1/2 times bigger then the bottom square of fabric.
Then you have to pin in eight places so that the top square fits onto the bottom square, in effect making a tiny pillow. You sew around the edges leaving an opening. Turn it inside out, stuff it full of batting, sew closed the little opening, and then the killer part is sewing two fluffy squares together. I can't imagine trying to sew two rows together, I haven't gotten that far yet. But I am enjoying the process, and I think Julia will LOVE the end result! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a lot of work that requires a LOT of patience!!! Way to go. I know that you will love it when you are done!! And so will Julia!!