Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

I have to admit to everyone how much of a weenie I am. I had a very hard Sunday afternoon. Scott is currently serving in our ward as the Elder's Quorum President. He purposely chose Fast Sunday to be his busy day so he didn't have to think about the fact that he's fasting. Which is great, except I get to spend it alone with crazy kids eating right in front of me and going crazy because daddy isn't here. I was also fasting, which I don't do well with. I'm pretty sure I'm borderline hypoglycemic. It does me in for a couple of days. But I felt like we were really in need of a blessing right now.
I had Julia's "bestest friend in the whole wide world" Elisabeth here today as well. She is a pistol. It is just one "good" idea after another. They scrounged things out of the study I didn't even remember were there and made kites and then just had to go and fly them. While they were at the park there were some boys there killing baby birds with bebe guns, and Elisabeth got in there faces and was telling them why they shouldn't and almost got herself and Julia shot with a bebe. Then she pulled a huge rubbermaid container of costumes down from the top of the playroom closet (I'm still amazed no one got hurt). The next thing I knew Julie and Elisabeth were climbing up the two twin box springs we have stacked upright in the study in their underwear. I just about lost it! I think the thing that bugs me the most is that when she's here Hadley turns into a plaything. They haul her around like she's a babydoll and do crazy things with her like she isn't a real living human being. It's definitely NOT my favorite!
Everyone today commented on Haddie's double sproutlets. I thought they turned out rather cute myself.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kristi said...

I liked the little piggys! Very girly!

Jenni said...

Hadley is so cute! We have really been missing our cousins lately.
I am sorry about your day. I've been have quite a few of those myself lately. If it makes you feel any better.
Yesterday during sacrament meeting Brian and the bishop were sitting up on the stand watching Seth repeatedly throw his head back. The first time I wasn't paying attention to him and he hit me in the collar bone. After that I kept my hand behind his head trying to keep from getting nailed in the face. Yesterday I finally figured out why half the Sundays I come home feeling like I've been run over by a truck. I can't wait until January.