Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catching Up!

I just realized that I haven't posted for over a week, and I don't have any pictures to post, sorry! We've just been kicking along through the summer. Our days go much better when we stick to our schedule. Scripture Study, Breakfast, Chores, School work, Free Time, Lunch, Quiet Time, Piano, Swimming, Dinner, Baths, Reading and Bed. If we don't do that, the kids spend their day beating each other, arguing and messing up the house.
Scott and I did get a weekend away, which was SO LOVELY! We left the kids with our AWESOME friends from church Jamie and Robby for three days and we drove down to San Antonio. We stopped at the new San Antonio temple, which is beautiful and peaceful. I think it's my favoritist temple so far. Scott said it best, they are just SO excited to have a temple that it stays perfectly busy, but the sessions are friendly and laid back. I'm ready to move to San Antonio just for the temple! But Scott says the P1 Ameriprise office down there just closed because it was failing :( Drat!
We went downtown and stayed in a nice hotel right on the Riverwalk! The Riverwalk is also one of my new favoritist places. It's SO peaceful (only before about two pm). It's beautiful. It's actually underneath street level and a nice breeze blows through even on the hottest days. It's jammed with quaint resturants. We ran together on the Riverwalk Saturday morning, went back to the hotel and had breakfast. Got back out to go and see the Alamo, which is MUCH smaller than I expected! And I think most of the reason why I didn't take any pictures. My first attempt to snap a photo on our getaway was inside the Alamo. A nice officer came up to me and very kindly informed me that picture taking was not allowed inside the Alamo because it's basically a shrine to the fallen heros of Texas. He simply asked me to delete the photo I had taken, and I did, but I was SO embarrassed. I still haven't taken a picture since then!
The kids loved hanging with Robby and Jamie. The worst thing that happened was I swear every towel in our house was dirty when I got back. But if that is the worst thing that happened, that is AMAZING! I know Jamie feels bad, but that's just life with tons of small kids.
We also had a severe Thunderstorm Wednesday night with winds exceeding 50 mph. Subsequently, we woke up Thursday morning to find several panels of our fence blown off! We are currently in the process of collecting bids to have the whole east side of our fence replaced. Such is the life of Home Owners ;( That's my left eye twitching!
Hopefully next post will have some pictures. We love you all!

2 comments:

kristi said...

I thought the same thing about the Alamo when I first saw it!! And I have to agree - the riverwalk is a fun place!

Aly said...

It really is amazing how chaotic the children and house become when there is not a schedule in place:) I don't really love structured schedule's, but with kids I have to really try for one!!!