Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Latest Drama

Well, I had another Dr. appointment yesterday. After talking with my friend, who is also a patient of my OB/GYN I decided to show him the horrendous vein in my leg once again. He totally freaked out! He wrote me a prescription for Jobst hose (very intense compression hose that are close to impossible to put on, are itchy and hot!) and told me I had to go get them that very day, put them on and leave them on until the baby was born. He told me that I would have to get surgery on the vein after the baby was born, and that I should NOT have any more children! I also have to go in every two weeks from now on instead of every four so that he can keep an eye on my horrendous superficial vericosity! Suddenly I'm a high risk pregnancy.

It was a sad day for me! I love kids, and I love my kids even more. I guess I just had my little heart set on six. I guess it's just like anything else hard in life, I'll work through the grieving process and then I can move forward into the next stage of life. No more babies.

Scott was kind of excited. The first thing he said to me when I told him what the Dr. had said (actually he said he was sorry first) was, "I think it's an answer to your prayers." We now know what to do. He told me it was all for the best because I had been, "On the edge" this whole pregnancy. And he's right, I have pretty much been psychotic. It's been interesting. It's funny how the Lord leads and guides us. It's never quite how we think it should be, but it's always for the best!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

well...I was a little worried for you as too when you told me all about that! I'm glad your doctor is taking care of you!!!!

Shirlene said...

I'll tell you about our "choice" to stop at five someday. Love you!

Nene said...

We are keeping you in our prayers back here in Utah!

Kristie said...

I was so sad for you when you had told me this, but I know that the Lord is watching over you and will bless you and your family!! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well!