Friday, June 01, 2007

Octupi, Puzzles and Coasters

In a desperate attempt to keep my kids busy and happy so they have no time to bother each other and me, I went to the library and borrowed a gianormous book of crafts. These octupuses (or octupi as I prefer to call them) turned out pretty cute for our first attempt. It was kinds of frustrating. We used the cardboard for gift boxes first, and they started to bend. So we had to unwind all the yarn (which would inevitably get all tangled) and wind it back onto cereal boxes. But it was worth the effort, they are much beloved!
Ryan loves puzzles, so we got a box with three inside at Wal-Mart. They are of wizards and dragons and even glow in the dark. We totally scored. One has 100 pieces, one has 300 and one has 5oo. We figured we'd start with the least number of pieces and work our way up. We're saving the one for 500 pieces for when Grandpa Oliver is here and he can help us.
Once a month I attend a stamp camp. This is one of the things we did the first time I went. We made coasters. I enjoyed it a lot and have been wanting to try it again, so the kids and I went over to our friends' house and shared the crafting fun. I think they turned out cute. Try to guess which one is Ryan's, Julia's and Emily's.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like you have been doing lots of fun things!! Now, can you keep this up all summer???? :)

Kristie said...

Such a fun and crafty mom!!! Weston loces puzzles too!! I love the octopi and cute coasters. How long have ya'll been out of school?