Saturday, January 10, 2009

As part of our New Year's Resolutions to be more healthy, Scott and I have started the South Beach diet. It was developed by a cardiologist, and in my opinion, he is right on in his findings. We are just starting, in the first phase of the diet which is mildly restrictive to help you cut your addiction to sugar and bad carbs. We started on Monday, so today is our 6th day on the diet. I was going to wait for one week to weigh myself, but I couldn't resist because Scott has lost about three pounds so far. I got on the scale this morning, and I have lost almost 4 pounds! Hooray, hooray! So if any of you are looking for a good way to change your lifestyle and be healthier all around, this is definitely what I suggest. For as long as I can remember, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon I would feel weak and dizzy and a little faint, and it was a battle to make it through the rest of the day. That is gone on this eating plan. I feel full, and I don't feel weak or dizzy at all. I have to admit that the first four days, all I wanted was to make some cookie dough and eat it raw. And now all I want is to make some of my heavenly rolls and just down them all, but the fact that I feel SO much better keeps me holding strong. And he says that 90% of people after the first phase don't really even crave those things anymore. We'll see, and I will definitely keep you posted!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Way to go! That is great!! Keep up the good work and continue to let me know how it all goes!!! :)

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

South Beach is an awesome way to eat. Really. I never feel more healthy than when I am following this plan and exercising regularly. I look forward to your updates!