Saturday, January 27, 2007

Miss Connie

Miss Connie has 55--count them--55 piano students. I couldn't even imagine. I am taking piano lessons from her too, to relearn bad habbits and learn for the first time some of the things I missed. That's what you get when you basically teach yourself. She wants me to be her apprentice, and take all the new beginning students. I don't know if I'm up to the task. She does a fabulous job!
Here are my star performers having some refreshments. Another notch on my belt of stupidity--every family was supposed to bring a tray of finger foods. Guess who forgot?
The kiddos and daddy. Attending the recital gave Scott a new perspective on paying the money for piano lessons. He was very impressed, and kept saying what a good experience it is for kids to practice hard on a piece and then perform it.
After I took the picture of Scott with the kids, I made him take one of me with the kids. After all, if their is any practicing that takes place it is because I go put on my iron fist and insist on compliance. Not really, but it can prove to be quite a job to get a kid to sit down at a piano bench and play anywhere from three to seven songs five times each. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather have a root canal without novocaine! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It looks like I am seeing these right as you are posting them!! How fun! We are connected via the internet!! I love the recital pictures. I can't believe that she has 55 students!! That is a ton. I had 12 this past year and I thought that was way too many. (of course I did have a new baby and 2 other kids to juggle around- I could do more if it was just me I guess) I am glad that they had a nice recital!!

tami and todd said...

You should be very proud of your growing children, they look great all dressed up ready to perform, performing, and having performed! I can imagine your heart bursting with joy hearing your children make such music! Plus, you should be very proud of yourself... refreshing you piano knowledge. I have no idea what it'd be like to teach piano, but it's a great compliment that your teacher thinks your good enough to take on some of her students! I just started taking violin lessons last Sept. & it is so wonderful to make music. The boys are sounding fabulous with their instruments... always growing & impressing me they are! You are a great mom... chat with ya later!