Thursday, December 02, 2010

My first Barbie outfit

I found this fabulous website that has free knitting patterns for barbie clothes. This is the first one I have completed, and I thought it turned out rather well.
Hadley has discovered the glories of playing with Barbies. Especially changing their outfits. The clothes that Barbie's come with are so shabbily made (they fall apart quickly) and so immodest that I am on a quest to stock our girls up with sturdy, modest choices for adorning their Barbies.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Great job! It looks like you guys had quite a fun time together on Thanksgiving!!! :)

Angie said...

This is so awesome! You're great and such a good mommy to make sure you're girls dolls are even modest!

The Chaffin's said...

This is so cute! It brings back memories when my mom would make barbie clothes for us and I loved it!!!

Cristina said...

Those hoochie dolls make me see red! No wonder there are child predators when we are teaching our daughters to dress like tramps. Way to go Heather you are a power mom!

Bobby and Melissa said...

Amen to Angie and Cristina's comments! I need to learn how to make those!

Stephanie said...

Now I wish I knew how to knit! I've sewn barbie clothes, but this dress is way cute, I love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Which website did you get the pattern from please? Thanks.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

@ Ruth Burrows--This is a great website where she has tons of free barbie clothes knitting patterns!
http://www.stickatillbarbie.se/