Monday, November 01, 2010

Candy Shops

This is what cracks me up about my kids and Halloween. So, they've been trunk-or-treating and most years we take them trick-or-treating too (we didn't this year because everyone around here were trick-or-treating on Sunday and we figured they had enough candy from the trunk-or-treat Saturday night). They have a bag full of candy and what do they do? They each maticulously set up a "candy shop". They organize everything carefully. They have regular priced candy and then the "expensive pile". You can trade a regular for a regular of course, but if you want something from the expensive pile you better be prepared to trade three of your regular for one expensive, or, of course, you can trade an expensive for an expensive. They crack me up. "When is someone going to come to my store?" "I have the best candy shop in town." "Skittles, going once, going twice, sold!" What a group of silly billies. I guess they can't help it, I am their mother after all! Hadley lost interest in Trunk-or-Treating half way through and started in on her candy. She would suck on a sucker for fifteen seconds and then hand it to me and say, "I'm doned," and start in on the next sucker. By the time we got home she was done with candy and had not watched a Barbie movie for two whole hours. She went straight to the computer to get her Barbie fix. Her little face is sunburned from three hours of soccer games in the middle of the day and a mom who was too sick to think about sunscreen. Ooops!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: