Sunday, November 08, 2009

Kipper the dog

My two oldest would never own up to it, so don't ask them, but my kids all LOVE Kipper the dog. It makes me happy that deep down in their hearts they are sastisfied with the simple things of life. To me Kipper represents someone who is happy with who he is and what he has. Someone who tries to make the best of every day. Someone who loves to learn and laugh. He is a devoted friend, a caring dog, and always tries to do what is right. It makes me SO happy that all my children connect with this and enjoy watching. I hope that much of what Kipper teaches sinks deep down into their hearts. I hope they are never afraid to admit that they love good and truth and God.
I also thought I'd post an update about Scott. His scars look better every day, and he gets back more energy everyday. He is carefully weaning himself off of his pain meds. He has a follow up appointment with the Oncologist on Thursday, and we'll see what he says. For those of you who follow this blog and didn't receive and email or text, we have great news! The doctor's office called us to say that they biopsy of the lymph nod was clean, and it looked like the doctor got all of the cancer! We are so grateful to God and to all of you who have added your strength and your prayers to our trial. If we could, we'd like to request your continued prayers that he will heal quickly and well and that the cancer will not return. We love you all!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I do love the simple things too and it makes me happy when my kids are like that as well!! I am so glad to hear the good news about the biopsy!! That is wonderful!!

Shirlene said...

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the good news! And here's to the simple simple things in life *clink*! That is one blessing of trials such as your most recent one--you cherish more those things that really matter and give less thought to all the rest. Love you.

Angie said...

You have great kids! Glad Scott is recovering.