Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Battle Scar--this next post is not for the squeamish!

Here is my poor Scottie's face, marred by surgery. The cancer was a lot bigger than I thought, much bigger than the mole on the outside of his face. Poor baby! When they let me back to see him, he was pale white and his cheek was still pulsating from the trauma. His blood was all rushing to fix the problem. I almost fainted three times looking at him. Poor baby! The doctor is confident that he got out all of the cancer. Now all that remains is to biopsy the lymph nod they removed (that is the lower straight line on his neck) and hopefully that will come back negative for cancer and all will be well! We appreciate all your kind thoughts, fasting and prayers. We love you all and have felt your strength and love through this!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

The Chaffin's said...

Wow that's a lot of surgery! I'm glad they think they got everything and hopefully they did. Wish we were there to make you some yummy goodies to make him feel better!!

Chelsea said...

What!? How did I not know about this? I knew he had a mole, but I didn't know he had cancer and had to get surgery and stuff....this better not be some Halloween prank.

Well, I hope that Scott heals quickly, and I hope indeed that they removed ALL of the cancer. Those are some pretty sweet gashes across his face.

Rob O said...

I feel like anything I say will sound trite, but we are glad that it was caught early and that they feel they got it all. Don't let him do too much too fast if you can help it.

Tiffany said...

That looks painful! Tell him to feel better! and good luck on the biopsy coming back with good news! Logan actually had out patient surgery on Monday.

Angie said...

That does look bad! I hope he gets feeling better. We will continue to pray for a negative result.

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I also hope they got it all and that he recovers quickly. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Jenny said...

And of course thank goodness for prayers and fasting!

Melissa said...

Wow, Poor Scott. That hardly looks like a mole removal, how about half your check removal! I hope he's feeling better and that the biopsy comes back negative too! Your in our prayers!

Sarah said...

WOW!!!! Poor guy. And poor you. :( I hope everything else comes out okay! I had a fun visit with your SIL and kiddos again while you were gone!

matthebj said...

You are a trooper! Thanks for being such a good example of how to deal with hard things. Our prayers are with you and your family~