Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Anonymous kindness

I went out to get the mail today and a letter immediately caught my attention. It was crisply and starkly white. My name and address were written perfectly in all caps, the lowercase letters smaller that the uppercase. There was nothing else on the envelope except a stamp, and a postmark which showed it had been mailed from Provo, UT. I opened up the letter to find inside a $100 money order and a black die-cut of a camera neatly folded into a blank piece of white printer paper.
Now, you have to keep in mind that I have a huge, red, swollen bug bite on my arm, and I had just taken some Benadryl to see if it would help with the allergic reaction. My head was not working correctly. I freaked out! My first reaction was that this was some kind of scam and when I cashed the check I would have somehow signed myself up for a loan or something. I called my sister Angie who instantly said, "Who do you know in Provo that reads your blog? You did post about your camera dying. Someone sent you the money to buy yourself a new one!" She has always been brilliant--that Angela sister of mine.
So to you, dear reader who was so loving and thoughtful and kind to take the time and money to do something so thoughtful and wonderful, I want you to know how much it meant to me. My heart is full of gratitude. Thank you for helping me to remember that I am loved.
Today was a hectic day, and I didn't have time to go out and look. But I'll go tomorrow and see what I can find. Hopefully, before the end of the week I'll have some new pictures up!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

How sweet is that! That is so awesome. I hope that you get a great camera with your money!!!

Angie said...

Thank you. Thank you. I know, I'm brilliant! Of course it was just because you were all doped up on Benadryl or you would have realized that's what it was for first.