Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The first day of school 2010!

Here are my kiddos ready for the start of school 2010! I can't believe how time flies. Julia started 4th grade, Emily 2nd and Benjamin Kindergarten (which is all day in our school district). Hadley of course, had to get in the picture with them. She spent the first week of school saying to me, "Julie's at school...Ryan's at school...Emmy's at school...Ben Ben's at school...Daddy's at work." I guess she was bored at home with just me. The little baby I watch didn't come the first week of school because her grandma was up to take care of her. So, it was really weird just having Haddie and I at home all day every day.
Ryan started 5th grade this year, which in our district is at a new school. The 5th and 6th graders go to an intermediate school where they have three teachers instead of just 1 and a locker. I think it's their way of easing them into the transition between Elementary school and Junior high. It has been a great thing for Ryan. I hardly recognize him. He comes straight home from school and does his homework. He does his chores and piano practice without being asked. Somewhere between 4th and 5th grade he has found his responsibility button!


3 comments:

Kristie said...

It looks like it has been a busy summer for you guys! The kids look great! I am glad to hear that everyone is successfully back in school and happy. :) I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and catching up with what has been going on with you guys!

Angie said...

Your kids are all just so big! We miss you guys. How fun to be off to school. Emily looks precious!

Stephanie said...

I loved catching up with you, it's been a while and I've missed your posts. I also just realized that our girls our the same ages. My Emma is in 4th, Melinda is in 2nd and little Becca is stuck at home with mom. I wish they could all meet.