Saturday, August 01, 2009

A "death" in the family

Well folks, I know it has been incredibly long since I posted. We have had a sad thing happen in our family. I think my camera has officially died, been dropped one too many times by tiny hands and well-meaning hearts. It still works, but it drains a battery in about a week. I just don't have $10 to spend every week on a camera battery. So, it looks like photos will be few and far between while I save up for a new digital camera. Wish me luck.
Everything else is going well. We have 24 days until school starts. The kids are excited, but not nearly as excited as I am. Although, I have to say that this has been the most enjoyable summer by far. I have actually enjoyed having them around and for the most part things have gone very smoothly.
I just finished sewing a dress for myself with knit fabric. I don't recommend using knit--it is extremely annoying to sew with. And sadly, the dress doesn't look very good on me. I keep blaming the clothes, but if nothing looks good on me I am led to believe that it's most likely my out of shape, post five pregnancies body. Looks like I better get a move on and start exercising. Blech!
Another fun development is that Hadley is dropping signals left and right that she is ready to potty-train. I HATE potty-training. I will definitely be glad to have all my kiddos potty-trained. But at the same time it makes me a little bit sad, it will mark the end of an era. Scott thinks I'm crazy to feel sad, but I do feel a little bit sad. I love being a mommy, and I will quietly miss having babies. I feel a lot of regret for not enjoying my babies as much as I should have, so I move forward hoping to enjoy to the fullest every minute of my kids growing up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, yes--if only we could all learn to cherish now a little more. I once heard it put this way: "Be happy while you're here 'cause there's no here there!" Thankfully, you still have a lot of cherishing in your future.:)

Angie said...

I think the camera thing is partly my fault. I got there and started taking pictures and then your kids became totally camera happy. Sorry! I can see the sadness to no more babies - you're not crazy. Can't believe that she is ready to be potty trained! She's so big and a girl. Oliver is nowhere near that stage yet. Oh, well. Good luck!

Little Lovables said...

i have had the camera thing happen too! does your camera accept rechargables? they have been a life saver for us.

Unknown said...

I was having the camera battery problem too. I found a great enegerizer battery charger that comes with batteries and only takes fifteen minutes to charge. It even comes with an adapter so you can charge your batteries in the car. I got it at Target and I think it was around $15. It came with the charger & adapter,2-AA and 2-AAA batteries. I think you have every right to be sad about finishing the baby stage. It's part of what makes us who we are.