Monday, May 28, 2007

Growing and growing

Okay, first of all I must apologize for my pitiful scanning abilities. I haven't quite figured it all out yet. But look at how cute! #5 is getting bigger and bigger. Everything looks great and seems to be right on track.
I don't know if it's because I have four other kids and am just tired, or if I am in serious need of prozac, but I feel worried all the time that I won't be able to carry this one to term. It's really weird. I feel constantly worried that I'll lose this little baby. I love being a mom, I love my kids, I am excited and happy at the prospect of another child in our family. So rest assured of that. But all you moms know that despite how much you love and want all your children, sometimes it feels overwhelming and just plain hard. This pregnancy has been harder than any of my other ones. Every ill side effect I experienced with other pregnancies is intensified and earlier. My veins are out of control, longer, more swollen than ever. At times my legs just ache, my feet and my toes get numb. My capacity is greatly limited. I can only be on my feet for about half an hour before my legs and back just ache. I feel swollen all over. The saddest part for me is that I wake up in the morning feeling more swollen than the day before. Isn't rest supposed to ease the symptoms? Everyone of my docotor's have seemed unconcerned, which means that it probably isn't a very big deal. There only advice is to stay off of my feet, which once again all you moms out there know to be impossible when you have other children around.
Thanks for listening! I don't mean to complain, I am truly blessed. Sometimes, even though our trials shadow in comparison to what some people around us are experiencing, they still feel hard to bear. I'm a great big whimp and I know it. I think about things too much and my constant thinking worsens the symptoms I know. My fingers are starting to tingle, which means I need a break from typing.
Thanks for all your kind words and support! I love all ya'll!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

tami and todd said...

Well, now I know where you've been. That really stinks that it's been so rough... that's no good. I hope that itching feeling of loosing the baby is just nerves, because I'd be real heart broken for you after all you've been going through. Keep strong... I wish I was closer to help!

Sarah said...

Oh Heather. Please call me any time. I hope it only gets better for you over the next several months. And like Tami, I hope the feeling you have is just nerves. I'm just around the corner if you need anything... even just a little break from the kiddies!

Shirlene said...

I'm sending prayers and hugs! Love you tons!

Kristie said...

I love the picture!! I hope that things continue to get better for you and that you don't worry too much!!! I get nervous about things too. Ask for a blessing!! That has helped me a lot every time I get overly worried about something in my pregnancy!!!!! I'll write soon now that I am back!

Stephanie said...

I know I am a little behind in things...but I didn't know you were PREGNANT! I guess I am out of the loop. I did just start a blog, so that is how I found out! congrats!